Saturday, February 28, 2015

A Face



A Face

I reach my hand out but it will not pass
It’s like it is against some glass
I want to touch you; I can see your trace
I want fingers to touch your face
Are you real is what I see
Are you now or someone to be
Will you speak and can I hear
Should I love you, should I fear
Do you dwell for my eye
Does you face only on glass lie
Is your image like a photo plate
Are you joy. Are you my fate
Are you real, or a composite of mind
Someone so new or one from behind
Will my hand ever pass beyond the glass’s trace
Will I once just touch your face

2/2015

2 comments:

  1. Wow -- I can see this two different ways. First reading, I pictured an image on a computer screen. But now I think it's deeper than that -- an image in your mind. Either way, it's good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i felt, when this came to me, that i was looking at a woman that might me in my future but not sure that i would or should be with her.

      Delete