Saturday, February 14, 2015

The Rose



The Rose

A broken rose beneath my feet
Now a sour smell, once so sweet
Broken clouds covering the skies
Rain washing down the tears from my eyes
My woman has left me this way
She has traveled far this day.

My blood pounding within my ears
Running desperately to kill my fears
But the truth is here for me to see
The destruction, like the rose beneath me.

“You’re worthless.. unfit for husband or man”
Then she lashed out with her little hand
The pain felt then is nothing to now
But I will survive, some way, somehow.

She has left, this is true
I guess all along this I knew
So now I must face life alone
And I must walk to my lonely home.

Bending over picking up the crushed rose
Placed it gently under my nose
Smells of pain, death, and decay,
You know, somehow I feel this way.

So I walk to my empty home
Under broken skies alone
This lonely place to hear my cries
And only the rain to wash tears from my eyes.

Jmb 1/06/1975cs

No comments:

Post a Comment